Let’s face it. Technology moves fast; academia doesn’t. So how do we teach web design and development—a subject that is constantly changing? How do we prepare our students for the real-world and for real-world expectations? And how do we, as educators, stay up-to-date about the information we are teaching?
- What skills and technologies should
colleges and universitieswe teach students who want to be web designers and/or developers? Why?
- Should students be educated in both web design and development or just one? Why?
- If you could create your dream curriculum for web design and development, what courses and information would you include? Why?
- What courses and information now in such programs would you eliminate? Why?
- What type of projects do you want to see in a recent graduate’s web design and/or development portfolio?
- How can colleges and universities keep web design and/or development curriculum current and relevant?